Monday, August 25, 2008
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Monday, August 4, 2008
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Yes, folks, that is (most of) a sample spoon from Walmart, and the part that's missing went on a journey through my son's intestinal tract, after he accidentally swallowed it while he was sampling some banana pudding. I know these things generally "pass through", but being that the missing part was sharp, we called several nurses (including Nana) and were advised to go to the ER. The ER took X-rays (even though plastic doesn't show up on one (?!)), examined him, and basically agreed that it should pass. So no major treatments, and and least we slept better knowing we'd done all we could do. I'm also happy to report that we did get to reunite the spoon with it's long-lost piece (not really). Yes, everything "came out" ok, but when I envisioned motherhood, it never included me fishing through a Huggies Pull-Up with a stick.
Word to the wise from our unfortunate experience: Walmart sample spoons are NOT our friends.
Ok, maybe this part was a little funny. :)