Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Summer So Far...

We have been having a whirlwind of a summer here at HoK! I was so looking forward to this summer as a welcome break from the hustle and bustle of the school year, and extra church activities. We seem to be on the go even more, but it’s with the relaxed go-with-the-flow (laziness???) that comes with the heat and cicada song of the season.

Here are a few highlights:
Butterfly House at the Wildseed Farms-Fredericksburg, TX
SO amazing! They let you hold the newly-hatched butterflies while their wings dry. If you've never been, go!

Cowboy Baths- a summer ritual
This is the summer evening scene at our house. Our water main runs the length of our driveway, and by evening the water is as warm or even warmer than the bathtub. Aidan plays, we feed the deer and do a little yard/garage work while it's (a little) cooler, and then water the grass with the bathwater (since baby shampoo is safe for plants. Don't get any ideas. This is the extent of our "Green-ness". Sad but true.) So we save water & electricity, and get the kid bathed while we spend a little time outside. Sometimes ice cream is even involved. A win/win situation all around!
Karr Family Reunion at Mo Ranch-4th of July Weekend

Aaron's dad is the youngest of six so we had quite the get-together! We were missing a few families, but we had members from Amarillo, Arizona, Colorado, and Oklahoma.


4th of July~ Guadalupe River Fun at Mo Ranch!

I LOVE the river!!! We had so much fun playing here during the reunion. I could have stayed all day.


11 Years!
On June 27th, Aaron and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary! Mimi kept Aidan, and here we are before we went out to dinner. I think it turned out pretty well for a self-portrait. I'm dealing with the crow's feet...

Aaron Karr, I'm so grateful to be married to you! Thank you for asking me on October 17th, 1997. I love you so much! I'm proud of who you are in the eyes of God and men. I love your tender heart, your loyalty, generosity, determination, and love for those around you. I'm so proud to walk into a room on your arm. I'm so proud to belong to you! Thank you for encouraging me in my relationships with friends and family. Thank you for being by earthly provider and shepherd. Thank you for seeking God and being faithful to the plans He has for your life. I'm proud of you for your efforts to become more healthy because I want you around for a long, long time! Aside from God's, your opinion and respect matter most to me. I want to always make you proud. Your hand is the one I never tire of holding. You are the one I want to always walk beside. Your face is the last thing I want to see before God calls me Home. You are the one my soul loves. You are the love of my life!
You and no other.
~B

No comments: