Sunday, July 6, 2008

10 Years!!!

Aaron & Brooke Karr June 27, 1998

Aaron & Brooke Karr June 27, 2008

I look at the picture of Aaron and me on our wedding day and can't believe that was 10 years ago. It doesn't seem that long ago when we returned from our honeymoon, moved into our little 3rd floor apartment with paper-thin walls during one of the hottest summers in history, and lived on hamburger helper (still do sometimes...) and rice-a-roni.
We've been talking about our 10th anniversary for a few years, and wanted to make it really special, so we celebrated with a trip to Napa and San Francisco. We had a wonderful time laughing, going on dates, and visiting the wine country, Alcatraz, Stinson Beach, Fisherman's Warf, China Town, eating at bistros, etc! It was so nice to relax, reflect on our years together, and give thanks for how God has blessed us. The break was great, but we couldn't wait to get back to our boy! Thank you, Nana, Dad-Dad, Mimi, Aunt K, and Pop for taking such good care of Aidan while we were away. Aidan got to swim, play chase, go to the children's museum, visit cousin Gary's fire station, chase goats, and meet Aunt K's horse, "Ace", so he had a little vacation of his own!
Aaron Karr, I'm so thankful to belong to you! You are my best friend and love of my life. I thank God for creating someone so perfect for me in every way and for bringing us together at the perfect time. Thank you for loving me even when I'm not acting very lovable! Thank you for choosing me. I love you, Baby!
~B

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on 10 years! I had no idea you were going out of town for your annivesary! I just asked Craig tonight if he had talked to Aaron. I told him that I thought you guys were out of town. You should have told me you were going to Napa - I could have given you some great wineries!!! But, I'm sure you guys did fine on your own. I want details!! Where did you stay, what did you do? We should get together and you can show me photos!!! Happy Anniversary!
Love you guys!
The Hills