Thursday, July 24, 2008

New Stuff

How do you like House of Karrs' new look? I've been having fun with different backgrounds and decided to give this one a try. It's called "Go Organic" which I think is very funny b/c I've never even been to a Whole Foods Market...
Here are some things we at HOK have been up to:
Last weekend I got to go on a girls' weekend at the coast with six precious friends. We were so excited that our friend, Allison, who has moved to Oklahoma (and who we miss terribly) flew down to surprise us! It was so nice just to visit and catch up with everyone. Thanks, Laura, for inviting us. I'm using my memory of floating in the pool in my new sunhat as my "happy place" when things get crazy! Speaking of crazy, while I was at the coast, Aaron called to inform me that "he was potty-training my son". Apparantly, when I left Aidan decided it was time to use the potty. Sooooo...I got armed with potty training advice, and headed home to the front lines. We are on day 2, and it's going ok, aside from the fact that I still have no clue what I'm doing and have never felt this out of control in my life!

Here are some things I've learned about potty training so far:

1. I will be doing at least 1 load of laundry a day.
2. When there is actual tee-tee or whatever IN or NEAR the potty, its a cause of great rejoicing.
3. I'm not above using bribery for #2 above to take place.
4. Little boys must be reminded to point "things" downward.
5. Little boys can pee across the bathroom if Mommy forgets #4.
6. A small child who has never seen his own poop before, might be alarmed the first time he does..."Mama, what IS it?!"
7. An Aqua-doodle flipped over makes an excellent under the potty mat. (Not sure if it will ever be used for actual art again...)
8. Clorox clean-up wipes are my new best friend.

That's about it this week. Any and all potty training advice is welcome!
~Brooke :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YEAH AIDAN!!!!!!!! That is so exciting! How fun that Aaron took the reigns on that and started the process :)
He'll be potty-trained before you know it and its sooooo exciting!
Tell him that his Aunt Becca will buy him something really special when he is potty trained!!!!!!

GO AIDAN GO - put do it in the potty!!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh the site is very cool and I like its "Organic" theme!